Outlook - Moving Profiles (settings)
To migrate a POP based account from Outlook 2007 or 2010 to Outlook 2013
- Type REGEDIT and go to
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\
- Right click on the profile and choose Export and choose location
The computer with outlook 2013
- Right click on the exported file – edit (notepad).
- In notepad click Edit and then replace.
- In the first line put
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\Outlook
- In the second line put
- Click replace all
- Make sure your outlook profile name is ‘ outlook ‘ this is the default name…
- Now you can open outlook and see all the pop accounts – the only thing you need to do is put the passwords back and that’s it.
- If you have ‘unknown error ‘ try removing your exchange mailbox and set it up from start (the pop account might try to use this mailbox and only after you set it up from beginning it will work correctly)